Welcome to our community - active on the UMN-Twin Cities campus since 1874. It is a privilege for us in the Office for Fraternity & Sorority Life to advocate for over 2,500 students who are members of one of our 46+ fraternities and sororities on campus. Membership in a fraternity or sorority is an experience unlike any other in college.
From our first fraternity (Chi Psi ΧΨ, 1874) and our first sorority (Kappa Kappa Gamma ΚΚΓ, 1880) to our First National Pan-Hellenic organization (Alpha Phi Alpha Fraternity Inc. ΑΦΑ 1912), the University of Minnesota Fraternity and Sorority community has come a long way since our school was founded. We even have two organizations who were founded on our campus, Lambda Delta Phi (ΛΔΦ) in 1961 and Alpha Sigma Kappa - Women in Technical Studies (AΣK) in 1989.
Fraternity and Sorority members from our community have gone on to become University Presidents, Deans, and leaders of industry. Over 15 buildings on campus are named after them.
Students involved in Fraternity and Sorority Life at UMN
- Find a small, tight-knit community on a big campus
- Impact those around them through philanthropic service, leadership development, and becoming the best versions of themselves
- Raise over $250,000 annually for local and national charitable organizations
- Donate thousands of service hours to local causes and organizations every year
- Join an alumni network that extends far beyond the Twin Cities
Come check us out and ask questions! We are happy to assist you throughout your college experience and look forward to helping in any way we can. Feel free to email us at [email protected].